Πέμπτη, Μαρτίου 17, 2005

Nested datasets better handled

I finally finished testing and debugging a custom solution I made and this way I am now able to handle "connector" fields of nested datasets properly (and automatically). I solved issues I refered to in a previous post (having to handle OnGetConnectorFldIdx event, and cds.OnNewRecord). Now, everything is handled automatically (if appropriate PrimaryKey and ForeignKeys properties are set).
In addition, I fixed some bugs related to clone support and during reconciliation. The latter bothered a lot and the reason is that Datasnap doesn't give a lot of chances for a component developer, so I had to find a custom solution.
The results OleVariant returned by a datasetprovider component consists of errors and values propagated back from server. In fact, it is in TCustomClientDataset format and I had to dig into this (trial-error) to be able to distinguish between "real" errors and values I want automatically to be merged to Cds.